Each year, the PRCA Mobile chapter plans events that allow students to connect with Public Relations professionals.
Test Drive Your Career – Spring 2016
PRCA Mobile hosted a college student shadow day event on March 31, 2016 with great success. Called “Test Drive Your Career,” the event matched 49 students with Public Relations, Advertising and Graphic Design professionals. The teams spent either a whole day or half day learning more about many facets of our profession. PRCA partnered with local advertising and graphic design organizations to provide a meaningful and comprehensive experience for local college students. Everyone was invited to a networking event that evening at a local restaurant.
Student Panel – Fall 2016
Join us on October 13th for “How to Talk to Your Boss” featuring a panel of young professionals who will share their knowledge and experience in the “real world” with area college students. Professionals representing many aspects of communications and public relations will participate in the panel, including those working in local media, agency, government and non-profit organizations.
The Bettie C. Hudgens Memorial Student Award
The Bettie C. Hudgens Memorial Student Award is named for a valued public relations practitioner who made enormous contributions to this great profession. For more than 30 years, Bettie Hudgens was a teacher, adviser and practitioner. She was the driving force behind expanding the interaction between Spring Hill College students and professionals, building a bridge to higher education and caring about the future of the field of public relations.
The Bettie C. Hudgens Memorial Student Award is presented to a student of Public Relations who embodies Bettie’s spirit and tenacity. Any communications student who has paid dues to PRCA/SPRF and is a member of his/her student group in good standing at Spring Hill College, the University of Mobile or the University of South Alabama is encouraged to apply.
- Must be enrolled full-time at Spring Hill College, the University of Mobile or the University of South Alabama.
- Must be an active member of the student organization of his/her campus.
- Must have completed 60 or more course hours and be classified as a junior or senior majoring in public relations or a related course of study, including all communication disciplines.
- Graduate students in these disciplines may also be considered for the award.
- Must have an overall GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale. In coursework designated for the student’s major, a GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale must be attained.
Click here to read the 2016 guidelines and deadline for application.
The 2016 Bettie C. Hudgens Memorial Student Award will be presented at the PRCA Mobile 2016 Annual Christmas Party.