The Bettie C. Hudgens Memorial Student Award
The Mobile Chapter of the Public Relations Council of Alabama is seeking applicants for the Bettie Hudgens Memorial Student Award. The student who receives this award will embody Bettie’s spirit and tenacity. Bettie Hudgens was a valued public relations practitioner who made enormous contributions to this great profession. For more than 30 years, she was a teacher, adviser and practitioner. Hudgens was the driving force behind expanding the interaction between Spring Hill College students and professionals, building a bridge to higher education and caring about the future of the field of public relations.
The award includes $500 and free admission to PRCA Mobile’s annual Toolkit Workshop. Application is closed at this time.
Student must be enrolled full-time at a Mobile or Baldwin County institution of higher education.
- Student must have completed 60 or more course hours and be classified as a junior or senior majoring in public relations, marketing, or a related course of study, including all communication disciplines; graduate students in these disciplines may also be considered for the award.
- Student must have an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. In coursework designated for the student’s major, a GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale must be attained.
To enter, the following items should be submitted:
- A letter of reference written by their professor of public relations, or a related course of study. Letter must state the student’s GPA and verify their classification as a student.
- A one-page resume detailing public relations-related work or internships (or similar concentration).
- One example of student’s work and/or coursework.